What kind of computer or technology do I need before using Breakthrough?
If you have a relatively new computer, it will usually be equipped with an internal webcam and microphone. If you do not, you can easily purchase a webcam and microphone combination.
Aside from a webcam and microphone, you’ll need to download and install VSee, a free secure video system. To install, please visit: www.breakthrough.com/vsee/installation.
My video isn’t working. What should I do?
Upon entering Breakthrough’s video counseling session room during your appointment, if your video is not working then we recommend calling our technical support line at 1-888-282-2522. You can also check the following:
- If you are using an external webcam that plugs into your computer, make sure that it is fully plugged into the USB port.
- Quit out of any other video conferencing programs. Other video programs can hog access to your webcam and prevent VSee from accessing it.
- Check that something is not covering the webcam. Sometimes sticky notes, tape, etc. can be accidentally placed over the webcam lens.
I can’t hear the other person/the other person can't hear me. What should I do?
Upon entering Breakthrough’s video counseling session room during your appointment, if your microphone is not working then we recommend immediately calling our technical support line at 1-888-282-2522. You can also check the following:
- The most common reason that you can't hear the other person is that your speakers may be muted, or on low volume. Make sure that your speaker volume is both turned up and that it is not muted.
- If you are not wearing headphones then check if there is a pair of headphones plugged into your computer that you are not wearing. If you find some then unplug them or use them instead. (Please note that we highly recommend using earbuds or headphones during your session.)
- If you are using an external microphone, or webcam/microphone combination, that plugs into your computer, make sure that it is fully plugged into the USB port or headphone jack.
I’ve used Breakthrough before but am now using a new/different computer. How can I be sure it’s compatible with Breakthrough?
You can test the video sessions rooms and your Internet and computer speeds anytime to see if they’re compatible with Breakthrough’s video counseling platform by going to your homepage and scrolling down to the testing area. Using the computer or laptop you’d like to test, you may also go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and click on the green “Begin Test” button. Your speeds should be:
Download – 500kbps/.5mbps or greater
Upload – 500kbps/.5mbps or greater
Ping – 125ms or less
I forgot my password.
If you forgot your password, just click on the “Forgot your password?” link under the green “Log in” button on Breakthrough’s login page. You will be prompted to enter the email that you used to create your Breakthrough account, and an email will be sent to that address. The email will contain instructions on how to reset your password.
How do I edit my account?
To modify your Breakthrough account, login and then click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Account details” to edit your insurance, credit card, direct deposit, or any other accounting information.
- “Edit Profile” to edit your contact information, About section, photo, education, hours, or any of your profile information listed on this page.
- Click on "Account details" to edit your personal, insurance/payment, and credit card information.
I can’t log in to my account. What should I do?
Make sure that you’re using the same email address AND password you initially used to create your Breakthrough account. If you do not remember your password, click on the “Forgot your password?” link in the login page. An email will be sent to you with instructions on how to reset your password.
Can I use Breakthrough with my smartphone, iPad or tablet?
No. At this time, Breakthrough is not compatible with smartphones, tablets or iPads.
What Internet browsers does Breakthrough recommend?
We recommend using whatever browser to are most comfortable using, such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer.
I would like to delete my account.
To close or delete your Breakthrough account, please contact Customer Support at 1-888-282-2522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What should I do if my Internet is not working?
Please contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to resolve any connectivity issues or to speak with them about upgrading your Internet speed. Also, please call us at 1-888-282-2522 so that we can communicate with your Provider or your Client if an appointment is about to happen.
My screen is frozen. What should I do?
Your screen may appear frozen as you’re preparing to enter a video counseling session. If you’ve clicked the green “Connect Now” button and you see a continuously spinning wheel, this just means you’re in our virtual waiting room. Your session will start once your client logs in.
If your screen appears frozen for any other reason, try refreshing your browser, clicking Control+Alt+Delete buttons, or rebooting your computer.
General Technical Support FAQs
Why can’t I see a new client who I have referred to the Breakthrough site?
A new client must first message a Provider before a Provider is able to schedule appointments with their client. If you request an existing face-to-face client to establish an account on Breakthrough, please have them find you by searching for you on their dashboard and then requesting an appointment with you.
I’m waiting for my client to show up for the session. What should I do?
If you’re logged into your Breakthrough account and waiting for your session to begin but your client hasn’t started the session yet, try contacting them by phone or messaging them through the Breakthrough messaging system.
Please always be sure to share your cancellation policy with your clients before your first session with them.
I made a mistake and created an account as a client but I really intended to create an account as a provider.
Our platform does not allow the same email address to be used for multiple accounts. If you created a client account but meant to create a provider account, please contact Customer Support at (888)282-2522 or email email@example.com.